Service Fee: $250
Contract and deposit are required. Pick-up and delivery are free for those in Hidalgo County. Mileage fee applied for Cameron and Starr counites. This service includes: Placenta pills, cord keepsake, and placenta print (if desired).
Ingestion of the placenta is believed to have many benefits for mothers. The hormones, proteins, and vitamins in the placenta may help in reducing baby-blues, increasing milk supply and nutrient content, increasing energy levels, decreasing after-birth pains, decreasing lochia flow, and may promote healing. Encapsulation is the process where the placenta is steamed, dried, ground, and placed into capsules. This allows for the placenta to be used over the course of the first couple of months after birth.
Add on items:
$25 Healing Placenta Skin Salve. The healing skin salve is made from organic almond oil that has been infused with organic calendula, chamomile, lavender, yarrow, and plantain leaf. All of these herbs provide amazing nourishment for the skin. The oil is then combined with organic beeswax and your placenta powder (2 capsules worth). The salve can be used for a variety of skin ailments and minor wound healing including cesarean incision, perineum healing, hemorrhoids, diaper rash, and eczema.
$10 cord keepsake gilded in gold
It is the oldest-known and most commonly-used recipe for postpartum placenta preparation. The hallmark of this method is the steaming step. In theory, the process of labor and birth leaves a lot of open empty space, which is considered very yin, or cold. Therefore, one way we can promote healing during the postpartum period is to add yang energy, via heat. Yang energy is incorporated into the placenta using warming herbs in the water. The final result is a warming, tonifying, and nourishing supplement for the postpartum mother.
Sanitation and preparation precautions always used as per Texas DSHS and OSHA’s Blood-borne Pathogens Standards.
The Capsule Process
1. I start with rinsing the placenta of blood clots, removing the cord, and draining excess blood from the vessels.
2. The placenta is steamed on each side over organic lemon, ginger, and chili pepper (these are NOT added to the pills, they are in the water).
3. The placenta is cut into thin strips.
4. The strips are placed into a dehydrator.
5. After it is dried, it is ground into a fine powder.
6. The powder is placed into 00 capsules.
- Almond oil is infused with camomile, calendula, lavender, plantain leaf, and yarrow flower over a low heat for several hours.
- Oil is strained, then beeswax and your placenta powder is added and returned to heat for more infusion.
- Oil is strained and poured.
Understand that placenta consumption is not always possible.
Certain high-risk pregnancies, blood-borne diseases, STD's, and bacterial infections can make it unsafe to consume.
Healing Skin Salve Process